Thursday, July 31, 2008

Someone May Want To Stage An Intervention

Okay so the first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Let's just say that if I wasn't already married, well then, is it possible to be in love with a cartoon character?
He's adorable.
He's nice.
He's helpful.
He's handy.
And he's got an accent that makes me swoon.

Have you figured it out? It's Manny of the Handy persuasion.

I don't know what it is about that accent, or the way he wields a screwdriver, but when my son sits down for an episode I alternate between wanting to pinch his cheeks--Manny's that is, not my kid's--and wanting to break something on purpose just on the off chance he might show up to fix it. It's not that I want to trade in my own husband for a cartoon but Troy shouldn't be surprised if he crawls into bed at night, looks up at the ceiling, and sees a poster of this staring back at him:

That's right. I heart Handy Manny.

6 comments:

  1. You do realize that the voice is done by Wilder Valderrama from That 70's Show, so its kind of like you have a crush on Fez, you know, in a tool belt.

    Also, before you think I am some sort of a weirdo for knowing that while not actually have any kids, I didn't- I googled the show after reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new photos. Also, I am absolutely sure that somewhere in the good pastor's wife handbook there is a "Don't swoon after others". And Jen is right, it is "Fez".

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovin' the Handy Manny. not the Fez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, my sweetie in his Levi's and his tool belt fixing just about anything around the house....oh yeah, it's good, it's ALL good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i heart toolbelt-wearing men. ahem, i mean MY toolbelt wearing MAN. (and handy manny. he's just so SWEET to all his tools.) today is saturday and i've discovered that all morning they're doing a little einsteins/handy manny marathon. just in case you didn't already have the tv on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel as though I'm going to have to check thi Handy Manny out...not that I have children, but I do try to stay up on my cartoons, you know since I work with kids and all....

    ReplyDelete