Sunday, October 14, 2012

Record Numbers

"Women are watching the NFL in record numbers now," said the announcer on the game a few minutes ago.

Now.

Is it, like, a fad?

Because I've been watching the NFL since I was twelve. That's right. My husband is one lucky dude. Seriously. I probably definitely watch more NFL than he does.

This afternoon, when Seattle came back, looked at Tom Brady and the Patriots, and told them to have a nice flight back to the east coast, I went upstairs and asked my husband if I could have a diamond necklace.

"What?" he asked, perplexed.

"I just thought that maybe you'd be inclined to give me whatever I asked for right now. It was worth a try."

I watch football for football's sake but maybe, just maybe, these record setting women know that if they're familiar with how a certain game went, they might improve their marriages.

No comments:

Post a Comment