Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fall Fun

There was all kinds of fall fun happening around here this week. Last Friday I took the boys to the "Pumpkin Pie Patch." Thankfully, Garrett is humoring me and not correcting his brother when he refers to these big, orange, globes as punkin pies.
Don't be deceived by the fact that the dirt looks as though it is packed hard. It is, in actuality, horrendous mud which caked to our shoes, ended up in my eye and cost me $50 bucks at the optometrist's office. (Although, I love my optometrist because I was quoted a flat fee of $83 and more if he actually did anything. Well, he poked and prodded and flushed and examined and I was expecting it to be over $100. But he is a sweet, sweet man and only charged me fifty.)

Then there was carving. Matthew wanted a funny face with a lot of teeth.

Garrett wanted an elephant. That's why daddy does the pumpkin carving. Because mommy's artistic ability is limited to the stage (and at that she has very little).

This afternoon we trick-or-treated and then headed to our church Harvest Party. Garrett took his costume very seriously. He's a cop who means business.

Matthew worked hard to earn this costume. He had to show us that he could be good at school--and he has been. Yesterday, he got to wear it to school for his party. On the way home he asked me if I could please give him superpowers in his fingers like the real Spiderman. Um. Sadly, I could not. I explained that this was not something I had the ability to do. "But, please, Mommy? Can you please give me superpowers? I'll be good." In that moment, I really wish I had the strange capability to bestow superpowers. Although, if that were the case, I would have turned myself into Mary Poppins a long time ago.

My mom sent this creepy pizza cookie kit thing in the mail. And the boys had a blast decorating the sugar cookies with red frosting (which they were, at first, completely convinced was actually blood), sprinkles, and all manner of gross candy.



They loved this little project. The green things are "fingers" and were actually quite tasty. Everything else was a little disgusting. But they liked it because they are gross boys. There are no fairies here. Only guts and gore and snips and snails and puppy dog tails.

Happy Halloween everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment