Tuesday, May 12, 2015

New York

You guys, I'm in NYC. I heart New York. My mom and I used hotel benefits and flyer miles and we got here last night and leave on Sunday! My dad is at home helping out with the boys. When we went to check in for our flight, we found out that our flight out of SLC into Dallas/Fort Worth and then to Newark turned into a flight into Phoenix and then to JFK. It arrived at JFK at 4:30 which put us in the worst ever traffic. But we were quite glad our flight was not cancelled altogether since, apparently, half the country was closed down because of weather.

Today we hit the ground running which proved catastrophic for my poor feet. I am now sporting two blisters on each of my little toes--one of which is GIGANTIC and SO painful. I guess I should have put on socks instead of opting for fashion. 

My mom bought us the City Pass and we started off our day with a boat cruise around Manhattan. It was definitely worth it. We saw all five boroughs, the statue of liberty, Yankee stadium, all the bridges, and so much more.

After our boat cruise, we went to Times Square and enjoyed Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. We went up to the observation deck at the Empire State Building, ate a hot dog from a street vendor, and walked through Macy's flagship.

We have four more full days and part of Sunday to cram in as much as we can but so far, we're almost halfway to paying for the city pass!


Tomorrow and Thursday we have tickets to see two shows and I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Dream trip!!! So happy that you and your mom get to enjoy this together! :-)

    ReplyDelete