Monday, June 9, 2014

Time Vortex

The time is being sucked into some kind of vortex, y'all. This is evidenced by several things. First, my baby cousin, who was born when I was 14, JUST GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL. I do not quite understand how this is possible. I was a freshman in high school when she was born and now she is going to UCLA. I'm sorry, what now? Just...HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? One minute I'm toting her around on my hip and the VERY NEXT MINUTE she's a Bruin. Really.

Another one of my cousins, ten years younger than me, JUST GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE. Again, what? I mean, yes, this makes logical sense. I've done the math and it's actually correct this time. As opposed to all the other times I do math and the answers that I come up with are wrong.

For further proof that time is being SUCKED AWAY INTO SOME UNKNOWN DIMENSION, I give you exhibit A.


Exhibit A makes my heart ache. Sure, I've still got these two and sure, it'll be awhile before they pick a college BUT THEY DO NOT LOOK LIKE THAT AT ALL ANYMORE. Garrett is limbs and adult teeth and Matthew is, well, not a baby. For one thing. I'm sure I was trying to get them to look directly at the camera when I took that picture. What I got was so much better.

If the time continues to speed by at this rate, they'll be married with children by tomorrow. Just typing that sentence made me die just a little inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment