Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Interview. Garrett. 15.

I always ask my kids a series of questions on or near their birthdays.

Here are Garrett's as a 15 year old.

1. What is your favorite T.V. Show? Jack Ryan
2. What did you have for breakfast? Eggs.
3. What do you want to name your future son? Troy. With a dash between the T and the Roy. No. I'm kidding.
4. Favorite Food? Snow Crab from Red Lobster.
5. What food do you dislike? Mushrooms. 
6. What is your favorite color? Blue.
7. Favorite lunch? Totino's pizza, a banana, and two Oreos.
8. What is your favorite thing to do? Sports
9. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be? Germany.
10. Favorite sport? Baseball.
11. What do you want to name your future daughter? 
Him: Unknown. 
Me: You're going to name your daughter, Unknown? 
Him: I don't know. My wife can help me decide.
12. Are you a morning person or a night person? Either.
13. Pets? I have a dog. I want two gerbils.
14. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Nope.
15. What do you want to be when you grow up? Army Ranger.
16. What is your favorite candy? M&Ms or 3 Musketeers.
**17. (New question this year. This used to be "Farthest place you've ever been from home?" which has been Israel ever since he was 4 and, since Israel is PRETTY far, it might be awhile before the answer changes so...new question.) Where do you want to live when you grow up? Texas.
18. What is your favorite book? I liked Resistance.
19. What are you most proud of? 
Him: I'm proud that I can talk to strangers. 
Me: That sounds like bad parenting. 
Him: ***laughs***
20. What is your favorite movie? Probably still Black Hawk Down
21. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The chicken.

And, for fun, I asked him the same questions that James Lipton asks at the end of Inside the Actor's Studio.

1. What is your favorite word? Hmmm. I'll just pick one. Taco.
2. What is your least favorite word? Matthew. No. I'm kidding. Decomposition. 
3. What turns you on? (I rephrased with, "What do you like?") Sports.
4. What turns you off? (I rephrased with, "What don't you like?") Weeding.
5. What sound or noise do you love? The noise of sizzling bacon.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? Styrofoam.
7. What is your favorite curse word? 
Him: Depends on the moment. 
Me: Tell me one. 
Him: I've never said one but if I dropped a hammer on my foot I wouldn't say a nice word. 
Me: Choose one. 
Him: Okay. D-A-M-N.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Professional sports player
9. What profession would you not like to do? Porta potty cleaner.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? (I omitted the "If Heaven exists" part)? Hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment