Monday, November 12, 2012

Naked

The other day, I was feeding the boys lunch. I can't remember what I gave them but it was messy enough that I had them take off their shirts. Disclaimer: I would not do this if we were having people over. Nor would I do this if they were older and hairier because, even though I doubt their hair would go falling into the food, there is just something about arm pit hair that needs covering up at the table. For that matter, there is just something about arm pit hair in general. I'm glad I'm a girl in a western country. That's all I have to say about the matter.

So I had them take off their shirts. Only their shirts.

A few minutes later, Matthew looked down and said, "Good grief! I'm naked!"

Now, apparently this comes from an Adam & Eve movie that we have in our church's nursery and he was simply quoting the cartoon. This is very common. Matthew has a great memory. He quotes all sorts of things. But I, not having seen this cartoon, had no idea that he was parroting a movie.

So, naturally, I burst into hysterical laughter. Aside from having a great memory, Matthew also loves a laugh. He began repeating this phrase over and over. His cadence was so funny that I could simply not stop laughing.

Now, whenever his clothes are off for any reason, he says, "I think I'm naked. Oh good grief! I'm naked!"

He's hilarious, that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment