Sunday, September 20, 2015

BB Bagel

I'm just going to go ahead and talk about bed bugs for a minute. I don't have them. At least, not that I know of. Yet. It's only a matter of time. They're everywhere.

Last year, we found them at our women's retreat house.

Two weeks ago, our men found them at their men's retreat camp.

Yesterday, we found them at our women's retreat house which was a completely different house than last year.

We take all the precautions we can to not bring them home but, well, like I said before, I think it's only a matter of time. I'm only telling you about this because of the hilarious thing that happened today.

And by hilarious, I mean nauseating.

I'd let the owner know that I'd leave the bugs in a bag on the counter so that they could show them to the exterminator.

We were dividing all the leftover food between our ladies. My mom, who flew in for our retreat, was getting me some bagels to bring home. There was one fruit flavored bagel and she didn't want it to make all the other bagels taste like fruit. She said, "Is anyone using this bag?" And she reached across the counter and picked up the occupied bed bug bag.

My friend, Christy, had a mouthful of food but managed to yell out, "BUGS!" just before my mom opened the bag.

Thankfully, my mom heard her and dropped the unopened bag.

I involuntarily gag when I think about it.

We could have had a bed bug bagel. WE COULD HAVE EATEN BED BUG BAGEL!

Thankfully, we did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment