Saturday, October 25, 2014

Yes

Off and on I've been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. The nature of the read is that you can put it down and pick it up weeks or even months later. I picked up the book, ran a bubble bath and climbed in. It should be noted that I was out of bubbles and had to improvise by stealing some from the kids. Now I smell like wacky watermelon.

When I'd last opened the book, I was in the middle of a chapter. I read a few pages and stumbled upon the following quote.

"To the Enfleshed Yes who said yes to this moment and yes to last year's illness and yes to the cracks of my childhood and yes to the nail and yes to my name in the Book of Life, hear me say YES! Not 'I'm worried.' Not 'I'm stressed out.' Not 'I'm anxious.' Not 'I'm too afraid.' Hear me say thank you. Hear me say YES! Watch me live a life of yes. To all that was and is and is to come. The power of sin and death and fear-from-the-Enemy are forever ended because we can trust in the bridge even if it's caving, in God even when it's black, in manna-nourishment even when we don't know what it is. The God whom we thank for fulfilling the promises of the past will fulfill His promises again. In Christ, the answer to the questions of every moment is always Yes."

Sometimes we have a decision to make and maybe we even write a list of pros and cons and all the reasons on one side are GOOD reasons. But maybe they aren't GOD reasons. Maybe we're gun shy and the whys are real and obvious. Still, we are not called to live a life of fear. Sometimes we entertain ideas that make no earthly sense to us and certainly not to those around us. Still, May the Almighty hear me say thank you and yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment