Friday, June 15, 2007

Oh the Humanity...Arachnidity...Whatever

Apparently, we're infested. Today I decided to go on a hunt for more black widows in the backyard. I killed 4, perhaps 5 and 1 is MIA. Here were their locations:

1. (The one who is MIA) was also living on hose house. She escaped and is, obviously, a sturdy little gal since she survived both yesterday's bath as well as possibly surviving the even longer one that I subjected her to today. We aren't friends.

2. The tippy top corner of the sliding glass door. She is now deceased.

3. INSIDE the dog house. Chillin' where my dog sleeps. Yah. Neat. She joined number 2.

4. Underneath the dog house. Deceased.

5. Underneath the turtle pool (an old baby pool that my inlaws left when they moved). Luckily we do not use the pool for Garrett. Her and her enormous egg sack have perished. She was nearly as big as Charlotte.

6. A possible black widow. It very much resembled a black widow baby and even though the babies are harmless, they grow into not babies. I'm not taking my chances. Also located underneath the dog house.

I did a quick sweep of the shed which is usually prime real estate for these ladies. I didn't see any but it was broad daylight so who knows. I kinda feel all creepy crawly now. In fact, when I was spraying the hose house trying to coax Charlotte's friend out, a tie on my shirt tickled my chest and I dern near had a complete and total meltdown.

There are a lot of things I'd rather be infested with. Puppies. Chocolate. Money. Theatre tickets. To name a few.

On the other hand, I suppose there are a lot of things I'd rather not be infested with. Measles. Rattle Snakes. Paris Hilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment