Thursday, April 26, 2007

Things...

Contrary to previous reports, Garrett's Winnie-the-Pooh mobile is not broken. This literally had to have been a "healing" kind of situation because for all intents and purposes, I was headed to Target to purchase a new one. (My boy loves him some mobile.) We had shifted to playing music on his cd player to lull him to sleep. Nearly every time I went into his room I stared longingly at the object and lamented it's untimely death. And then, one day, in a grief stricken manner, I went to the mobile. I touched it and it began playing. (Turns out that actually, there is a stopper on the mobile that I never knew existed and it had somehow been, well, stopped.) Glory be!

In other, not so exciting news, our Honda failed its smog test. And I feel like the two hours in which they trouble shoot the problem and MAKE IT PASS should be up by now. However, I have not heard a mumble from them and I am starting to feel panicky. Nevermind that it's already costing us 250 lovely dollars that we really do not have and will be more depending on what they find...dun dun dun. Nevermind that we don't even drive the Honda (it's our "back up" car). Nevermind that sometimes I wish we still rode around in covered wagons...
"Axel broke again."
"Get under there and fix it, Billy."
No, we have no Billy in our family but Billy sounds like alot more of an axelfixey name than Troy. And speaking of Troy, has anyone ever said his name aloud? It could be spelled Chroy and I think you'd pronouce it the same way, at least, I would.

And also, Garrett might have eaten part of a sticker. I can't really multi-task well when it comes to theatre and boy. So I'm over at the venue and I'm measuring some stuff and Garrett is playing with my Visitor sticker and I sort of forgot that he had it and I remembered when, quite several minutes later, I heard a weird sucking sound coming from his mouth. I then recalled aforementioned sticker and removed chunks of it from his cheeks. However, I think he may have swallowed some and while I assume that paper is fine in the belly of a baby, I kind of question whether adhesive should be in there. Which has led me to wonder if that has anything to do with the abnormal amount of spit-up that has been chucking out of him today. If any of you have fed your babies stickers and have knowledge on the matter, clue me in.

And if any of you frequent RAE, stop in there and tell them to CALL ME AND TELL ME THAT MY 22 YEAR-OLD CAR IS ACTUALLY FINE AND DANDY AND THEY ARE COMPING ME THE FEE BECAUSE, CLEARLY, I CANNOT AFFORD IT!

Silly ministry habit my husband and I have. We really should get a job to support that addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment