Sunday, May 14, 2017

To The Mothers In My Life

On this Mother's Day and always, I am thankful for my grandmothers and for their mothers and their mothers before them. For women who looked down the line of generations and couldn't even imagine where their legacy would one day lead. I'm thankful that they raised sons and daughters who would, one day, become my own mother and father.

I'm thankful for my mom who is truly more of a best friend to me. She put in the hard work of discipline, love and support so that we could, one day, be more than parent and child. I am thankful that she introduced me to faith and that she loves me--always.

I'm thankful for my mother-in-law who raised a man of faith and integrity. She taught him to love Jesus and to love his wife and I am eternally grateful.

I'm thankful for the mothers of my sons--the women who chose me to be the one to snuggle little bodies and hear them call me mama. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be just one of the women who loves them fierce.

I'm thankful for the four little people who make me a mommy. For Garrett, Matthew, Kate, and Will. This day is about honoring me, I guess. But I am the one who has been infinitely blessed by the experience of being your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment