Thursday, May 5, 2016

Repairs

We just dropped $2700 on car repairs. Now, that was spread out over both vehicles and we'd been expecting it and needing to do it for some time. Actually, we'd set aside $3000 so we were pleasantly surprised to "save" 300 dollars.

Still, this whole crud load of money that exceeded my entire paycheck for my six week long term sub job has me thinking about simpler times. Covered wagons. Horseback. WALKING! If only the furthest I ever needed to be from home was only five miles away.

There's something to be said for hunkering down at the homestead.

Maybe I'll move to Avalon and just buy a golf cart.

Or an itty bitty island in Indonesia where all I need is a rowboat.

I feel that these options are at least worth considering. In the meantime, I'm going to start saving $2700 dollars so we have it for the next set of repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment